CRA Motoring & Public Safety Tips – South Africa
By Jayshree Parasuramen
There has been wet weather in parts of the country including KZN and Gauteng this week.
The weather service expects the rain to continue over the next few days.
Here are some tips for motorists planning on being on the road during these weather conditions:
- Wet roads cause them to be slippery and dangerous at high speed. Lower your speed, keep a safe following distance and put on your headlights.
- Look out for large puddles of water that could cause your vehicle to hydroplane, or you may lose control. Avoid splashing water on other vehicles or pedestrians.
- Ensure that your windshield wipers are in good condition and check your tyre pressure.
- Avoid drinking and driving.
- Drive safely, stay alert and do not use your cellphones whilst driving.
- Reminder to wear a mask and always add extra travel time when weather conditions are not suitable for the roadway.
Listen: ECR traffic reporter, Jayshree Parasuramen speaks to KwaZulu-Natal Transport MEC Bheki Ntuli about road safety, Alert Level 1 curfew and more.
Click HERE to listen to the Podcast.
Article Credit To East Coast Radio.